German-Style Iced Coffee or “Eiskaffee”
On a hot afternoon like today, I wish I could head back to my German hometown and stop by the local ice cream place for an “Eiskaffee”. It’s a sweet, delicious take on iced coffee. It’s quick and easy to make and the end result is more of a sweet treat than a beverage. Perfect for a hot summer afternoon.
You can just as easily turn this into a treat for the kids by making an “Eisschokolade”. Just replace the coffee in the recipe below with chocolate milk.
- 8 oz cold coffee
- 1 to 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- sweetener of choice to taste
- Optional: instant coffee of cocoa powder
- Scoop the ice cream into a tall glass. Pour the cold coffee in and top with whipped cream. Add a sweetener of your choice if needed. I find the vanilla ice cream sweetens up the coffee enough for me. If you prefer it sweeter, either use an artificial sweetener that dissolves well in cold liquids, or add a little sugar to your coffee while it’s still hot, then allow it to cool and use the sweetened version in your iced coffee.
- If you’re making this for company, consider adding a sprinkle of cocoa powder or instant coffee to the top of the whipped cream.
Variation: Try making your german style “Eiskaffee” with chocolate ice cream instead of vanilla for a yummy Iced Mocha style drink.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.