Garlic & Margarine Mashed Potato Mix
- 2 cups dry instant potato flakes
- 1/3 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- good pinch of black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
Measure all of the ingredients into a resealable plastic container. I prefer to use plastic quart sized zipper bags. Seal and label the container, and store on the pantry shelf until needed. It’s a good idea to make up several of these at a time for convenience sake.
- 1 package of Garlic & Margarine Mashed Potato Mix
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 cups boiling water (use 3-1/4 cups if you prefer your potatoes thinner)
Empty the mashed potato mix into a large bowl. Add the margarine. Pour in the boiling water. Let it sit a moment to melt the margarine. Stir the mixture with a fork until it is smooth and thick. Serve hot, straight from the bowl.
I prefer mine made with 3-1/4 cups of boiling water, but this is a personal decision. Makes 4 large servings.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.