Makes 5 servings
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3 to 3 1/2 pounds cut-up frying chicken
- 1 cup oil or shortening
1. In resealable food storage plastic bag, combine flour, salt, pepper and poultry seasoning. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time; shake to coat.
2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add chicken; cook until browned on all sides.* Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 30 minutes or until chicken is fork-tender and juices run clear. Remove cover during last 10 minutes of cooking to crisp chicken.
TIP: * After browning, chicken can be placed in ungreased shallow baking pan and baked uncovered at 350°F. for about 45 minutes.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.