Fajita Beef Dinner
Makes 8 servings
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless beef top round steaks, trimmed of fat
- 1 large onion, cut in half and sliced
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 envelope (1.12 ounces) fajita seasoning mix
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups uncooked instant rice
- 4 1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
Cut beef into 2-inch pieces. Mix beef and onion in 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker. Mix tomatoes and fajita seasoning mix in small bowl; pour over beef mixture. Top with bell peppers.
Cover and cook on low heat setting 7 to 9 hours.
Cook rice in 4 cups of the water as directed on package. Meanwhile, mix remaining 1/4 cup water and the flour; gradually stir into beef mixture in cooker. Increase heat setting to high. Cover and cook about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Serve over rice.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.