Double Wrapped Turkey Tacos
Makes 5 servings
- 1 pound ground turkey or ground beef
- 1 cup salsa
- 10 taco shells
- 1 (6-ounce) container frozen avocado dip, thawed, or 1 cup refried beans, heated
- 10 flour tortillas (6 inches in diameter)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- Shredded lettuce
- 1 large tomato, chopped (1 cup)
1. Cook turkey in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink; drain. Stir in salsa; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered 5 to 10 minutes to blend flavors.
2. Heat taco shells as directed on package. Spread about 1 tablespoon avocado dip over each tortilla to within 1 inch of edge. Place taco shell on avocado dip in center of tortilla. Wrap flour tortilla up sides of taco shell.
3. Sprinkle cheese into taco shells. Spoon turkey mixture into taco shells. Top with lettuce and tomato. Serve immediately, or wrap securely with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 24 hours to grab ‘n go.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.