DHA-Enhanced Baby Muffins
- 1/3 cup of softened butter
- 1/3 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of granulated cane sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 2 DHA-enhanced stage 2 containers of baby food (fruit is sweeter, but veggies work too!)
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup DHA-enhanced rice cereal (I prefer Gerbers DHA Rice Cereal)
- 1/4 cup of multi-grain baby cereal
Combine the brown sugar, cane sugar, cinnamon, & baking soda in a mixing bowl. Add the butter & mix until all big lumps are gone. Add baby food and egg. Mix until smooth. Slowly mix in flour, & then slowly mix in cereals. Preheat oven to 375 degre es. Use an ice cream scoop to scoop the batter into a 12-hole cupcake pan (lightly oiled – I used canola oil, but olive oil or PAM would work too). Sprinkle a little cinnamon & sugar on top of each muffin. Bake for 15-17 minute. Let sit for 10min & carefully remove from cupcake pan. Optional ingredient: mix in dried fruit or trail mix to add variety. Let your little ones enjoy warm or refrigerated. Perfect for ages 9m-36m.
editor's note: from Beech-Nut, information regarding DHA
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.