Cheesy Tater Casserole For A Crowd
- 2 lb. frozen shredded hash brown potatoes (thawed)
- 1 stick butter or margarine (melted)
- 1 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup Gruyere cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup Ricotta cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions, tops included
- 1/2 tsp garlic flakes
- 1/2 tsp onion flakes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder (optional: could substitute smoky paprika)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 9 x 13 inch baking dish by spraying with a non stick cooking oil spray.
Put first 5 ingredients in a very large bowl and toss together until blended well. In separate bowl, blend the sour cream and mushroom soup until smooth. Add the sour cream/mushroom soup mixture to ingredients in large bowl, then add onions and seasoning and mix well. Pour the mixture into your prepared baking pan and bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes or until cooked thoroughly and browning around the edges.
This is a good dish for holiday meals or anytime you need to feed a large hungry crowd a special potato dish.
(editor's note: This recipe has been changed from its original, as submitted recipe was a copyrighted prize winner)
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.