Country Beef Rib Casserole
Makes 4 servings
- 3 pounds beef short ribs cut in serving-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion medium chopped
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Few drops of hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice fresh
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 10 1/2-ounce package frozen lima beans cooked and drained
Heat oven to 325° F. Trim excess fat from ribs; brown in oil. Place ribs in a deep 2 1/2 – to 3-quart casserole. Drain off fat in skillet, reserving about 2 tablespoons. Sauté onion in meat drippings; add water and bring to boil. Pour over ribs; cover and bake for 2 hours, or until almost tender. Pour off juice into saucepan and combine with sugar, flour, hot pepper sauce, mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, and bay leaf. Bring to boil, stirring constantly, and cook until well-blended and slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper; pour over ribs and bake, uncovered, for 1 hour or until meat is tender. Add lima beans; cover and bake 30 minutes.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.