Cornbread Stuffing Recipe
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
- Cornbread, stale and torn into chunks (the equivalent to a 9 X 13 pans worth)
- 2 cups of turkey or chicken broth
- 2 stalks celery, chopped finely
- 1/2 onion
- 3 carrots, chopped finely1/2 pound sausage, crumbled (can be leftover breakfast sausage, I like Sausage with Sage)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
Saute the celery, carrots and onion in a skillet until the onions are translucent. Cook sausage. Combine the cornbread, veggies and sausage in a 9 X 13 pan. Pour broth over entire thing, dot with butter or margarine and put in refrigerator so flavors can meld a bit. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
When I am feeling wealthy I might use 1 pound of sausage and add pecans which is yummy but ups the price.
Submitted by HBHW reader Kathryn
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!