Corn Dog Squares
Makes 12 servings
- 2 cups celery thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups green onions sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds hot dogs cut in thirds and quartered lengthwise
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 teaspoons sage ground
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese shredded (2 cups)
- 1 15-ounce package corn bread and muffin mix
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Butter a 3-quart oblong baking dish. In a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat, sauté celery in butter or margarine for 5 minutes. Add green onions and sauté 5 minutes longer. Transfer to a medium bowl.
2. In same skillet, sauté frankfurters for 5 minutes or until lightly browned and beginning to curl. Transfer to bowl with vegetables; mix thoroughly.
3. In a large bowl, mix milk, eggs, sage and pepper. Reserve 1 cup of the frankfurter mixture; stir remainder into milk mixture with 1 1/2 cups of the cheese. Stir in cornbread mix. Pour into baking dish. Top with reserved frankfurter mixture and remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
4. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into squares.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.