Makes 10 servings
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 2 onions medium, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 1/2 cups tomato juice
- 1 16-ounce can tomatoes whole, cut up and liquid reserved
- 2 8-ounce cans tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons oregano dried leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin ground
- 2 15-ounce cans chili beans chili beans in gravy
In a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat, cook and stir beef, onions, and garlic until meat is brown and onions are tender; drain off fat.
Stir in tomato juice, tomatoes with liquid, tomato sauce, chili powder, salt, oregano, and cumin. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to low, and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Stir in beans; simmer 1 hour longer.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.