Chicken with Cream Sauce
Makes 4 servings
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 4 sprigs parsley
1. Place 2 Tbsp of oil in a shallow baking pan; place chicken breasts in oil and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
2. Place remaining 2 Tbsp of oil and flour in a saucepan and blend well. Add broth and continue stirring until mixture is smooth. Add sour cream, wine, lemon rind, and lemon pepper. Stir until well blended.
3. Remove chicken from oven and turn. Cover with mushrooms and pour sauce on top. Continue baking uncovered for 20 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a platter and garnish with parsley.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.