Chicken Chili Enchiladas
Makes 12 servings
- 6 ounces sharp cheddar cheese shredded (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 8 ounces Monterey jack cheese shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup chicken breasts chopped cooked
- 3/4 cup onions finely chopped
- 12 corn tortillas 6 inches each
- 2 cups chicken broth warm
- 1 25-ounce can chili con carne without beans
- 1 10-ounce can green enchilada sauce
- 2 cups sour cream
Grease a 3-quart oblong baking dish. In a medium bowl, mix Cheddar cheese, half of the Monterey Jack cheese, chicken and onion; set aside.
Dip tortillas, one at a time, in chicken broth to soften. Fill with about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture; roll and place seam-side down in baking dish in two rows of six.
In a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, stir chili, green enchilada sauce and 1/2 cup of the chicken broth until bubbly. Pour over filled tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining Monterey Jack cheese. If making ahead, cover and let stand up to 1 hour.
Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 350° oven for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. If desired, freeze, thaw and reheat, covered, in a preheated 300° oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until hot.
To serve, dollop with some of the sour cream. Serve remaining sour cream separately. Serve with chopped tomatoes and sliced ripe olives if desired.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.