Chicken Cheese Chowder
Makes 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16-ounce) can cream style corn
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack-Colby cheese (4 ounces)
- Chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
Melt margarine in Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook onion, cumin and chicken in margarine 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in center.
Stir in sweet potatoes and broth. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer about 8 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Stir in remaining ingredients except cheese and cilantro; cook until hot. Gradually stir in cheese just until melted. Sprinkle each serving with cilantro.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.