Chicken and Strata Divan
Makes 8 servings
- 6 slices bread crusts removed
- 2 10 1/2-ounce packages frozen broccoli spears cooked and well-drained
- 3/4 pound sharp cheddar cheese grated or longhorn cheese
- 3 cups chicken cubed cooked or ham, or mixture of both
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 6 eggs beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons onions minced
- 12 slices bread cut into rounds
- Parmesan cheese Grated
Place 6 whole bread slices in the bottom of a greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Cover with broccoli; layer with one-half of the cheese. Add meat and remainder of cheese. Combine milk, chicken stock, eggs, salt, mustard, and onion. Pour gently over layers. Top with bread rounds. Cover and place in refrigerator overnight. Bring to room temperature before baking in a preheated 325° F oven for 55 minutes or until set. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top of bread rounds; carefully brown under broiler. Let set 10 minutes before serving.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.