Chicken and Broccoli with Mushroom Sauce
Makes 4 servings
- 1 (10-ounce) box frozen broccoli
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup homemade chicken broth
- 1 can (4 oz.) sliced mushrooms, with liquid
- 2 cups (1 lb) cooked chicken, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
1. Cook broccoli according to package directions.
2. Mix butter and flour together in saucepan. Cook briefly over medium heat. Blend in chicken broth, stirring constantly, until thickened and smooth. Sauce may be made in the microwave oven by combining ingredients and cooking on HIGH until thickened, stirring two or three times.
3. Stir in mushrooms and their liquid. Season to taste.
4. Place broccoli pieces in shallow pan.
5. Cover with sliced chicken and pour mushroom sauce over all.
6. Top with parsley and bread crumbs.
7. Bake at 375 for 15-25 minutes or until bubbly and brown on top.
But wouldn’t you also love to get out of the kitchen fast AND with a few extra meals in the fridge and freezer?
Squeezing the most out of every cent you spend on groceries is what Cook Once Eat Twice is all about.
Now you can learn how to cook in ways that not only put dinner on the table economically, but with plenty to spare! And, we’re not just talking leftovers here… we’re talking about planning meals with NEW CREATIVE meals to come.
In this ebook, you’ll learn about the strategies needed to get two, three, or MORE meals out of one cooking session. PLUS you’ll get over 300 recipes to help you prepare a delicious plan of attack!
Click on and buy Cook Once Eat Twice today to start getting the most out of every meal!
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.