Cheese Stuffed Manicotti with Meat Sauce
Makes 6 servings
1 pound ground beef
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup onions chopped
1 garlic large, minced
2 6-ounce cans tomato paste
2 cups water
1 3/4 teaspoons salt
Freshly ground pepper to taste
4 tablespoons parsley chopped fresh
4 teaspoons basil dried, crushed
3/4 pound ricotta cheese
1/3 cup parmesan cheese grated
1 egg beaten
8 ounces manicotti shells
Parmesan cheese grated
1. Brown beef, Drain.
2. Add vegetable and olive oils. Add onion, garlic, tomato paste, water, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, pepper to taste, 2 tablespoons parsley, and basil. Simmer for 45 minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally.
3. In a bowl combine ricotta cheese, 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, and egg; add remaining 2 tablespoons parsley, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste.
4. Cook manicotti in boiling salted water until tender, drain; rinse in cold water.
5. Using a pastry bag, fill manicotti with cheese mixture or cut lengthwise with scissors, open, fill, and reform.
6. Pour one-half the tomato-meat sauce into a 7 x 11-inch baking dish. Arrange stuffed manicotti in a layer, overlapping slightly. Top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
7. Bake in a preheated 350° F oven for 25 to 30 minutes, basting occasionally.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.