Makes 6 servings
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell peppers diced
- 1/2 cup onions chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground beef or ground raw turkey
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 14 1/2-ounce can tomatoes whole, cut up and juice reserved
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 8-ounce can corn whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 3 1/4-ounce can olives pitted, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
Preheat oven to 350°.
In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, sauté celery, green pepper and onion in hot oil for 8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Crumble ground beef or turkey into skillet. Cook and stir until meat is no longer pink. Spoon off excess fat. Sprinkle meat mixture with chili powder and garlic salt and stir.
Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir tomatoes with juice and cornmeal until very hot and thickened; remove from heat. Stir cornmeal mixture, corn and olives into skillet until blended. Spoon into a deep 1 1/2 -quart baking dish.
Bake for 25 minutes or until very hot in center. Sprinkle with cheese and bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese melts.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.