Crockpot Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 butternut squash (2 pounds), peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
Melt margarine in 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Cook onion in margarine, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender.
Mix onion and remaining ingredients, except cream cheese, in 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker, Cover and cook on low heat setting 6 to 8 hours or until squash is tender.
Place one-third to one-half of the mixture at a time in blender or food processor. Cover and blend on high speed until smooth. Return mixture to slow cooker; stir in cream cheese. Cover and cook on low heat setting about 30 minutes or until cheese is melted, stirring until smooth.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.