Blueberry French Toast Bake with Maple Syrup
This is one of my favorite french toast recipes. I love how the blueberries and the cream cheese give this version a totally different take on your traditional french toast.
It goes together quickly and can be ready for breakfast in under an hour. If that sounds like too much work early in the morning, make everything head of time the night before, cover and store in the fridge. Then just preheat your oven and bake it up in the morning.
- 2 cups frozen blueberries (or mixed frozen berries)
- 1 cup cream cheese, cubed
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ¼ cup margarine, melted
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 loaf white bread, cubed
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a 9 inch square baking dish.
- Arrange half of the bread cubes in the baking dish, then add the cubed cream cheese and half of the blueberries. Top with another layer of bread and the remaining blueberries.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, maple syrup and milk and melted margarine. Add the cinnamon and stir well. Pour the egg mixture over the bread and blueberries and place into the oven. Bake for about 50 minutes or until cooked through.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.