Beef and Nacho Bake
Makes 10 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 pound pork sausages bulk
- 1 1/4 cups onions chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 7-ounce can green chilies chopped
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 1 3 1/2-ounce can olives medium pitted, drained and sliced, reserving
- 1 8-ounce package tortilla chips
- 12 ounces Monterey jack cheese shredded (about 3 cups)
- Paprika (optional)
- 1/4 cup green onions thinly sliced
At least 45 minutes or up to 2 3/4 hours before serving:
Grease a 3-quart oblong baking dish. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté beef and sausage until no longer pink. Add onions and garlic and sauté until onions are almost tender and meat is browned. Pour off drippings. Reduce heat to medium.
Stir in sour cream, tomato sauce, green chilies, tomato paste and olives until blended. Heat through, do not boil. Remove from heat.
Layer in baking dish two-thirds of the chips, all the meat mixture, remaining chips, cheese and sprinkle with paprika. If making ahead, cover and let stand at room temperature up to 2 hours.
Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 375° oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until heated through.
Garnish with green onions and reserved olives.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.