Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Beef and broccoli stir fry was one of my favorite foods in college. I would head to the mall and grab a plate in the food court and eat it for 2 or 3 meals. Once I got married and had my own family, heading out for takeout wasn’t usually an option. I missed my favorite chinese dish though and started playing around with some ingredients. Here’s what I came up with. As long as my daughter was little, this was plenty for the three of us. Nowadays I double the recipe and have enough leftover for lunch for me the next day.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups broccoli, blanched
- 1/2 cup carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup onions, cut into wedges
- 16 ounces beef sirloin steaks, cut into thin strips
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon Splenda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- In a skillet or wok heat the oil, and add the prepared vegetables.
- Cook, stirring frequently until vegetables are crisp-tender, and onions are browned.
- Stir in the beef strips, and cook till desired doneness.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, stirring to dissolve the cornstarch; add to the beef mixture cook stirring constantly until sauce is thickened, 2-3 minutes.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!