Baked Chicken in Honey Sauce
Makes 6 servings
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mustard prepared
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken (3 to 4 lb.), cut up
- 1 tablespoon water cold
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Melt butter or margarine in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish. Add honey, orange juice, lemon juice, mustard, salt and curry powder. Mix well. Coat both sides of chicken pieces with honey mixture and place, skin-side down, in baking dish.
3. Bake for 30 minutes, basting occasionally. Turn chicken over and bake 30 minutes longer or until chicken tests done. Transfer chicken to a warm platter; cover and keep warm.
4. Transfer honey mixture to a small saucepan. In a small bowl or cup, mix cold water and cornstarch until smooth. Pour into honey mixture. Stirring over medium heat, bring to a boil and boil for 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Drizzle honey sauce over chicken and serve with fluffy hot rice.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.