Bacon Cheddar Chicken Patties
Makes 4 servings
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 8 strips bacon
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1. Place 1 chicken breast half between 2 pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper. Working from center, gently pound chicken with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/4-inch thick; remove wrap. Repeat with remaining chicken breast halves.
2. In large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet; drain on paper towels. Reserve 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet.
3. Add onion to drippings; cook and stir 2 to 4 minutes or until tender. Remove onion from skillet. Add chicken to skillet; cook 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until chicken is fork-tender and juices run clear.
4. Place chicken on cookie sheet and drape with bacon and cover with onion and cheese. Broil for 4 to 6 minutes until cheese is melted.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.