Avoiding Spice Disaster

This morning I closely avoided a breakfast disaster when I was fixing a bowl of oatmeal. I added sugar and was just about to sprinkle what I thought was cinnamon in the bowl, when I realized I had the paprika container instead. This isn’t the first time it happened, so I thought I’d better do something about it.

Here’s what the two spice containers look like side-by-side:

They just look a little too much alike and are easy to confuse. Time to do something about it. I grabbed some old masking tape we had laying around and a marker.

I wrapped some masking tape around each spice container.

Last but not least, I used a marker to write the name of the spice on each container. Much easier for me too see and pay attention to what spice is in the container.

To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!

Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.

Click Here to Leave a Comment Below