Aunt Cora’s Orange Chicken Recipe
- 1 10 1/2-ounce can chicken broth condensed
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange rinds grated
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken (3 1/2 lb.), cut up and skinned
- 2 zucchini small (7 inches each), thinly sliced
- 2 carrots medium, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons parsley minced
This recipe makes 4 servings.
1. In a heavy 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat, bring broth, tomato paste, orange rind and garlic to a boil. Add chicken; reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add zucchini and carrots, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables and chicken are tender. Remove chicken to a heated platter, surround with vegetables; cover and keep warm while making sauce.
2. In a small bowl, combine orange juice and cornstarch. Stir into hot mixture in skillet. Stirring, bring to a boil and boil until thickened. Stir in parsley.
3. To serve, spoon sauce over chicken and vegetables.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.