Apple Butter Bread
I’ve adapted my recipe from the following inspiration: Rose Manor
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter (local if you can)
- 1 cup turbinado sugar
- 1 egg (local if you can)
- 1 cup apple butter (local if you can)
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk (one 5 oz. can)
Combine ingredients and bake in two greased loaf pans at 350 for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
(You will note that I pared the original recipe down to one mixing bowl, and I have no negative effects from this time-saving move.)
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.