Yellow Rice Mix
- 1 cup long grain brown rice
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- small speck cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried green pepper
- 3 chicken flavored bouillon cubes
Combine the rice and all of the other ingredients in a resealable plastic container. I like to use zip-lock bags. Label and Seal and the container. Store on the pantry shelf. This is enough for 1 package of mix. Make several at a time for the most convenience.
- 2-1/2 cups tap water
- 2 tablespoon margarine
Melt the margarine in a 3-quart saucepan. Add the package of mix. Sauté the rice and seasonings for a few minutes, until the rice is toasty, and begins to turn opaque. Add the water. Bring the mixture to a boil. Place a lid on the pot. Reduce the heat to the lowest possible flame. Simmer, covered for until done, or for about 45 minutes. Serve hot.