Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup salsa
- 2/3 cup uncooked elbow macaroni, wagon wheel pasta (rotelle) or small pasta shells (2 ounces)
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 (15-ounce) can pork and beans, undrained, or kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
1. Heat all ingredients except cheese to boiling in 10-inch nonstick skillet; reduce heat to low.
2. Cover and simmer about 15 minutes, stirring frequently, just until macaroni is tender. Sprinkle with cheese.