Lemon Herb Rice Mix
- 1 cup long grain brown rice
- 2 teaspoons vegetable or chicken flavored bouillon
- 1 teaspoon dry lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch Turmeric, for color (optional)
Combine the rice and all of the other ingredients in a resealable plastic container. I like to use zip-lock bags. Label and Seal and the container. Store on the pantry shelf. This is enough for 1 package of mix. Make several at a time for the most convenience.
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 package of Lemon Herb Rice Mix
- 2 cups waterIn a 2 quart saucepan combine the margarine, Rice Mix and water. Bring the mixture to a boil. Place a lid on the pot. Reduce the heat to the lowest possible flame. Simmer, covered until done, or for about 45 minutes. Good with fish or chicken.