Ham or Turkey Breakfast Hash
If you’re in the mood for a big breakfast that doesn’t include any grain, breakfast hash with a side of eggs is hard to beat. I like to make up a big batch of the potato, onion and meat mixture and keep it in the fridge to use throughout the week. Just heat up and top with an egg and breakfast is read.
This hardy breakfast dish will keep you full until lunch time and you can easily modify it depending on what meats you have in the fridge, I’ve made it with ham, turkey, breakfast sausage, leftover chicken and of course Corned Beef leftover from St. Paddy’s Day.
This also makes a wonderful frugal dinner. Just add some leftover veggies or serve it with a side salad.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 cups diced cooked potatoes
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey or ham
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In large skillet over medium heat melt butter.
- Add onion, green pepper and red pepper. Cook until fork tender.
- Add potatoes, turkey, cayenne pepper and nutmeg.
- Reduce heat to low, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes or until heated through.