- 3 Pounds beef round steak, 1/2″ thick
- 1/2 Cup flour
- 2 Teaspoons salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 Medium onions, thinly sliced, and separated into rings
- 2 Cans sliced mushrooms – (4 oz ea), drained
- (or 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced)
- 1 Can condensed beef broth – (10 1/2 oz)
- 1-1/2 Cups sour cream
- 1/4 Cup flour
- Hot, cooked rice or noodles, for serving
Trim all excess fat from steak and cut meat into 3-inch strips about 1/2 inch wide. Combine 1/2 cup flour, the salt, pepper; toss with steak strips to coat thoroughly. Place coated steak strips in crock pot; stir in onion rings and mushrooms. Add beef broth; stir well. Cover and cook on LOW setting for 8 to 10 hours. Before serving, combine sour cream with 1/4 cup flour; stir into crock pot. Serve stroganoff over rice or noodles
Submitted by HBHW reader Granny Annie.
Ready to learn more about crockpot cooking? Get my Crockpot Cooking Made Simple ebook today and find out how you can work this into your meal plan, how to choose a good crockpot and most importantly how to convert your favorite recipes to work in a slow cooker.