Crockpot Meatloaf Recipe
We love meatloaf around here. I use my mother-in-law’s recipe but modified it to work in the crockpot for those days when we’re busy running around. It’s comfort food and there’s always plenty left over for sandwiches the next day. I also like to crumble up leftover meatloaf and use it in spaghetti sauce. Here’s my slow cooker recipe for good old fashioned meatloaf.
- 2 pounds of lean hamburger
- 2 eggs
- 1 Sleeve of Saltine Crackers
- Salt and pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Start by crumbling up your crackers. I keep the sleeve closed and just gently crush them until I’m ready to use them.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl and beat them with a fork.
- Add the meat, chopped onion, crushed crackers and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix it all together with your hands and put it in the crockpot. I pat it down a bit so it molds itself to the shape of the crockpot. Pour enough ketchup on top to cover your meatloaf. Cook on low for 8 -9 hours.
- [img src=”http://www.hillbillyhousewife.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/crockpotmeatloaf-300×241.jpg” alt=”” width=”300″ height=”241″ class=”aligncenter size-medium wp-image-23530″]
You cut up a few potatoes (either in slices or wedges) and put them along the edge of the meat mixture to let them cook along with the meatloaf. Or just serve some mashed potatoes or homemade biscuits with it. Add a salad or veggie and dinner is done.