Cornbread Stuffing Recipe
- Cornbread, stale and torn into chunks (the equivalent to a 9 X 13 pans worth)
- 2 cups of turkey or chicken broth
- 2 stalks celery, chopped finely
- 1/2 onion
- 3 carrots, chopped finely1/2 pound sausage, crumbled (can be leftover breakfast sausage, I like Sausage with Sage)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
Saute the celery, carrots and onion in a skillet until the onions are translucent. Cook sausage. Combine the cornbread, veggies and sausage in a 9 X 13 pan. Pour broth over entire thing, dot with butter or margarine and put in refrigerator so flavors can meld a bit. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
When I am feeling wealthy I might use 1 pound of sausage and add pecans which is yummy but ups the price.
Submitted by HBHW reader Kathryn