- 3/4 cup long grain brown or white rice
- 1/4 cup broken spaghetti (or just use more rice)
- 1 tablespoon dry onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning or thyme
- 1 tablespoon dry parsley
- 3 chicken flavored bouillon cubes or 1 tablespoon powdered bouillon
Combine the rice and all of the other ingredients in a resealable plastic container. I like to use zip-lock bags. Label and Seal and the container. Store on the pantry shelf. This is enough for 1 package of mix. Make several at a time for the most conveneince.
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 package of Chicken Style Rice & Roni Mix
- 2-1/2 cups water
In a 2-quart saucepan combine the margarine, Rice Mix and water. Bring the mixture to a boil. Place a lid on the pot. Reduce the heat to the lowest possible flame. Simmer, covered until done or for about 45 minutes for brown rice or 20 minutes for white rice. Serve hot.
Leftovers can be heated up the next day, by sauteing the cold rice in a little margarine, like fried rice. Scramble in an egg and serve in bowls. Makes a quick and easy lunch for hungry kids.