Makes 8 servings
- 2 cups spiral pasta
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 26-ounce jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 4 1/2-ounce can sliced mushrooms drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 pound process American cheese cubed (such as Velveeta)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook the beef, onions and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
3. Stir in spaghetti sauce and mushrooms; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Place 1/2 C. meat sauce in a greased shallow 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
5. Drain Pasta; place half over sauce. Top with half the remaining meat sauce; spread with sour cream. Top with the American cheese, remaining pasta and meat sauce. Sprinkle with Mozzarella Cheese.
6. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Uncover, bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly.