A friend of mine use to make this wonderful casserole and it had apples and cheddar cheese…I would have multiple servings when we would have get-togethers. I never got the recipe and wish I did. Does anyone have a recipe that might have these things in it?
From The Hillbilly Housewife:
I tried a few of the recipes below and the one Laura suggested was my favorite. I’m reposting it here for easy reference.
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 apples, peeled — thinly sliced and chopped for ease in cutting finished squares
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Mix dry ingredients in bowl.
- Beat eggs, add sugar, oil and vanilla. Add dry ingredients. Fold in apples and cheese.
- Spread in greased and floured 9″ x 13″ baking pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 F oven for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool. Cut into squares.