Amish Cornbread Friendship Bread
This recipe was submitted by Bobbie Steve in response to a request for an explanation and recipe for Friendship Bread.
Thank you for sharing, Bobbie.
|Amish Cornbread Friendship Bread||
Recipe Type: Bread
This cornbread is made using a ‘friendship bread starter.’ You can find my recipe for the starter here: www.hillbillyhousewife.com/amish-friendship-bread-starter.htm
- 1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 inch baking pan. In a large mixer bowl combine starter, eggs, milk, sugar, flour and cornmeal.
- Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Mix in oil, baking soda, salt and baking powder.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking pan and bake for 25 – 30 minutes at 425 degrees F.