Tater Tot Casserole
Do you need a cheap dinner that’s a big hit with the kids? How about something that very easy to throw together? Give this Tater Tot Casserole a try. We love it around here and it makes a regular appearance on our menu.
I serve it with a big side salad or some steamed broccoli. Of course you can add any veggies your family likes to the basic casserole recipe.
Here’s a quick tip to make putting this together even faster. After you get back from the grocery store, go ahead and brown your ground beef and have it waiting in the fridge when you’re ready to assemble the casserole.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 can Cream of mushroom soup (or [url href=”http://www.hillbillyhousewife.com/cream-of-anything-soup-mix.htm”]Cream of Anything Soup[/url])
- frozen Tater Tots
- Shredded cheese of choice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brown ground beef and drain, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix in cream of mushroom soup.
- Transfer to an 8 by 8 baking pan and arrange tater tots on top to cover.
- Bake for 25 min.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle shredded cheese, place back into oven till cheese is melted, about 5 min. and serve.
Make it your own variations: add frozen peas or carrots or any leftover veggies. Spice it up with red pepper flakes. Brown meat with canned green chile’s or jalapeno’s or onions. Let your imagination go.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.