Italian Lemon Chicken
Makes 4 servings
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken (about 3 lb.), cut up
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme dried, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup dry Italian bread crumbs
1. Pierce chicken pieces with a fork. Place chicken and 1/4 cup of the lemon juice in a large reclosable bag or a shallow dish. Turn chicken to coat. Close bag or cover dish. Marinate at room temperature for 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile, in another shallow dish, mix butter or margarine, remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper.
3. Preheat oven to 375°. Remove chicken from lemon juice and dip in seasoned butter. Coat chicken with crumbs. Arrange chicken in an ungreased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
4. Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour or until chicken is no longer pink when cut along bone and juices run clear.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!