Baked Caramel Pudding
I’m looking for a recipe for a baked caramel pudding. Thank you.
From the Hillbilly Housewife:
I think you’re looking for a flan recipe. Give this one a try. I made it for the Holidays a few years ago. You’ll need some ramekins to bake the pudding in along with a baking pan to set them in.
- 1 cup and 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 13 oz cans evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 325 F.
- Set out your ramekins and a large baking dish.
- Start by making the caramel sauce. Get out a small sauce pan and pour a cup of sugar in it. Allow it to melt over medium heat, stirring it constantly. It will start to brown and become caramel.
- Pour about 3 tbsps of the mixture in the bottom of each ramekin. Swirl it around to get it to cover the bottom and sides of the dish. Repeat with the other containers reheating the caramel as needed.
- in a small bowl mix the eggs with a handmixer. Add the milk and then slowly beat in the rest of the sugar and the vanilla.
- Pour the custard into the ramekins and place them into the baking dish. Pour enough hot water into the baking dish to fill it to about 2 inches.
- Carefully place the baking dish in the oven and bake your caramel pudding for 45 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven and allow it to cool. Once the ramekins are cool to the touch, set them into the fridge for an hour before inverting them onto a plate to serve.
- [img src=”http://www.hillbillyhousewife.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/flan-200×300.jpg” alt=”” width=”200″ height=”300″ class=”aligncenter size-medium wp-image-23540″]
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.