Spanish Potato Tortilla
- 2 T olive oil plus 1 t olive oil
- 1 lb. fingerling potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 t chopped garlic
- 5 organic eggs
1. Heat 2 T oil in skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes, reduce heat somewhat and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add vegetables and cook until onion is translucent. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
2. Beat eggs in another bowl and then stir into potato mixture.
3. Heat 1 t olive oil in skillet and spread egg/potato mash in, cook on medium for 5 minutes or so or until egg is almost set. Remove skillet from heat and invert tortilla onto a plate, place back in pan on the other side and cook another 5 minutes or until both sides are browned and crispy. Cut into wedges and serve.
Thanks go Carrie for this wonderful recipe. Click here for more whole foods recipes.