Crockpot Curried Pork Stew
- 2 lbs pork stew meat cut in cubes
- 1 cup water
- 3 TBSP curry powder
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 medium sweet onion, cut into 8 wedges
- salt and pepper to taste
- Approx. 2 TBSP oil for browning
- On stovetop in heavy skillet, heat oil on medium high.
- Brown pork and transfer to crockpot.
- In small bowl, mix water and curry powder.
- Once pork is removed from skillet, pour curry mix into that skillet and whisk to loosen brown bits from bottom and sides of pan for flavor. Stir mixture well.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over pork in crockpot.
- Add apple and onion to meat.
- Pour curry mixture from skillet over all of the ingredients.
- Cover, cooking on low temperature setting for 7 to 9 hours until pork is tender.
Recipe by Hillbilly Housewife at http://www.hillbillyhousewife.com/curried-pork-stew-from-the-slowcooker.htm