My daughter loves French toast, but I don’t like the fact that when I make it from scratch, everyone eats while I’m frying up the rest of the toast. This casserole version is the perfect solution. It’s also a lot less messy than making regular French toast. The recipe is from the Breakfast Casseroles Kindle Cookbook
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cups milk
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 5 cups cubed bread
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon softened margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Lightly butter a 8x8 inch baking pan while preheating oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the cubed bread in the bottom of the pan. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, 2 tablespoons sugar, salt and vanilla. Pour it over the bread. Add a few dollops of margarine and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Take the remaining sugar (2 tablespoons) and mix it with the cinnamon and sprinkle over the top of the mixture in the baking dish. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown.
your morning. Get Breakfast Casseroles – 35 Recipes for Everyday & Special Occasions today.