My daughter loves French toast, but I don’t like the fact that when I make it from scratch, everyone eats while I’m frying up the rest of the toast. This casserole version is the perfect solution. It’s also a lot less messy than making regular French toast.
The recipe is from the Breakfast Casseroles Kindle Cookbook
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cups milk
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 5 cups cubed bread
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon softened margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Lightly butter a 8x8 inch baking pan while preheating oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the cubed bread in the bottom of the pan. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, 2 tablespoons sugar, salt and vanilla. Pour it over the bread. Add a few dollops of margarine and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Take the remaining sugar (2 tablespoons) and mix it with the cinnamon and sprinkle over the top of the mixture in the baking dish. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown.
For more delicious breakfast casserole recipes, get a copy of my bestselling Kindle cookbook. Inside you’ll find 35 recipes your family will love including:
Ham, Hash Brown and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
Sausage Breakfast Casserole
French Toast Breakfast Casserole
Sugar Free French Toast Breakfast Casserole
French Toast Breakfast Casserole – Syrup on the Bottom Version
Apples and Raisins French Toast Breakfast Casserole
Peach French Toast Breakfast Casserole
Sunday Morning Breakfast Casserole
Cheese Grits Breakfast Casserole
Spinach and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
All-in-One Breakfast Casserole
What a perfect way to start your morning. Get Breakfast Casseroles – 35 Recipes for Everyday & Special Occasions today.