What would you do if you had an extra $100 a month? Would it make keeping up with bills easier? Just imagine how fast you could pay off your debt if you could put that extra $100 toward it each month?
The problem is $100 sounds like a pretty big number and it isn’t all that easy to come up with that extra cash. But what about $25? Seems a lot more attainable, doesn’t it? So that’s what this week’s Frugal Challenge is going to be…”make” an extra $25.
I’m using the term “make” rather loosely here. You can either earn an extra $25 or save them somewhere else in your weekly budget. Either way, see if you can do it in a way that you can repeat each week. Here are a couple of ideas:
Ways to Make More
- Babysit 2 hours per week
- Tutor a neighbor child
- Hold a yard sale
- Sell something on ebay
- Take clothes and toys your kids have outgrown to the consignment shop
- Crafty? Sell your crafts and craft patterns on etsy.com
- Love to write? Start a blog at blogger.com and monetize it with google adsense
- Love to cook? Share your recipes on a blog and again monetize with google adsense and affiliate products. (You could become a HBHW ebook affiliate)
- Work a few extra hours if you have a job (or ask for a raise)
- Got administrative skills? Consider working as a Virtual Assistant a few hours a week. See Shelancers.com for more info.
- Do some consulting in your field of expertise.
Ways To Save More
- Cut out that daily trip to the coffee shop
- Cut down on your phone, internet and cable plans
- Go to the library instead of buying books
- Drink water instead of soft drinks
- Cut back on eating out
- Make your own convenience foods
- Meal plan
Obviously this is just a small list. I’d love to hear your ideas. Get creative… if you had to make an extra $25 this week, what would you do?